by Nick Gisburne
I wanted this message to reach you in time
When I said I was right I was wrong
A coward who told you it wasn’t a crime
I sang a predictable song
You wanted my heart to believe
You needed my conscience to care
Deserving of all I receive
I break in the storm of your stare
I shouldn’t have doubted the truth of your word
My excuses are never enough
I’ll always remember the hurt that I heard
When you told me to go that was tough
You wanted my heart to believe
You needed my soul to accept
Deserving of all I receive
I break in the whispers you wept
They said he was guilty. They took him away.
But today isn’t where it will end
The look in your eyes is the price I will pay
For the pain my remorse will not mend
You wanted my heart to believe
You needed my hand in your own
Deserving of all I receive
I break as I stand here alone
I break when I know you won’t answer the phone.
Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno