by Nick Gisburne
It’s the wrong stuff
Broken
Never made to work
All the dirty pieces twist but never fit
It’s the wrong stuff
Rotten
Stinking in the murk
Tell me why
Don’t lie
I’ve had enough of it
If I bend it or I burn it or I smash it with a stick
If I try to fix the fault or make it whole
I can never, ever, trigger it, however slow or slick
It’s a pain, a punch, a danger to the soul
It’s the wrong stuff
Broken
Never made to work
All the dirty pieces twist but never fit
It’s the wrong stuff
Rotten
Stinking in the murk
Tell me why
Don’t lie
I’m sliding in the spit
I’m sliding in the spit
It’s the future I was given from a bucket, like the rest
It’s the life I never wanted, never dreamed
It is all the crushing disappointments pounding on my chest
It is what they gave every time I screamed
It’s the wrong stuff
Broken
Never made to work
All the dirty pieces twist but never fit
It’s the wrong stuff
Rotten
Stinking in the murk
Tell me why
Don’t lie
I’m swimming in the shit
I’m swimming in the shit
If I had to give it back
Or take another, take a life
Rip it open with my fingers till they bleed
I would dive inside the black
And slice the sinews with a knife
On some other broken body I would feed
It’s the wrong stuff
Broken
Never made to work
All the dirty pieces twist but never fit
It’s the wrong stuff
Rotten
Stinking in the murk
Tell me why
Don’t lie
Tell me why
Don’t lie
I’ve had enough of it
I’ve had enough of shit
Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno