Monday, 24 August 2026

Find A Way Within

by Nick Gisburne





Too nervous, I denied it
Was I certain? Was I sure?
Was there anyone to terminate the lie?
But now I stab inside it
Rip the curtain, chase the cure
Break the fingers that are dragging me to die

If I find a way within
If I find a way to win
If I suffocate the darkness of my doubt
If I push my way inside
If I sabotage the tide
I am strong enough to drive the demons out

I’m crawling in the slurry
In the sewage, in the scum
In the tunnels, broken open far too late
I tell myself to hurry
But the cripple I’ve become
Is the filthy fool I always used to hate

If I find a way within
If I find a way to win
If I suffocate the darkness of my doubt
If I push my way inside
If I sabotage the tide
I am strong enough to drive the demons out

The sickness twists inside me
It is brutal. It is black
It is clutching at the corners of my heart
Salvation is denied me
By the poisonous attack
Of an evil far too foul to pull apart

If I find a way within
If I find a way to win
If I suffocate the darkness of my doubt
If I push my way inside
If I sabotage the tide
I am strong enough to drive the demons out

Salvation is denied me
The sickness twists inside me
It is clutching at the corners of my heart

There is only pain within
There was no way I could win
I am smothered by the darkness of my doubt
Though I found a way inside
I was broken by the tide
Never strong enough to drive the demons out

Defeated by a terrifying tide
There is only pain and suffering inside



Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno