Monday, 24 August 2026

There’s a Hedgehog in the Garden

by Nick Gisburne





There’s a hedgehog in the garden
And he comes out every night
He was always very secretive at first
But I soon began to wonder
When he wandered out of sight
If he needed help, and quickly feared the worst.

There’s a hedgehog in the garden
And he comes out every night
If you think you wouldn’t follow him, you might

What I finally discovered
When I looked beneath the shed
Was a secret more amazing than I thought
He was lounging in pyjamas
On a fancy feather bed
Eating fishy tails and snails he’d somehow caught

There’s a hedgehog in the garden
In a room beneath the shed
And he likes to rub his belly when he’s fed

When he saw me there he waved, and with a grin
He told me, “There is room for two, come in!”

I was taken to the kitchen
Where he cooked me up a feast
When I asked him what it was he wouldn’t say
But he offered me a napkin
It was delicately creased
By a cat with half a coat - the local stray

There’s a hedgehog in the garden
And he really doesn’t bite
If you think you wouldn’t follow him, you would
But remember when he feeds you
Something crunchy late at night
That the taste of bugs and beetles won’t be good

If you need to stay away, perhaps you should



Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno