by Nick Gisburne
There is nothing in these fingers that could move to make you live
And the light of resurrection is beyond my gift to give
But my power, for an hour, for a wretched turn of time
Can return us to the cradle of your crime
You killed a man
But with his final breath
He took your weakness with him
Into death
I can tether wayward spirits to this dangerous domain
But the price they pay is more than just a future filled with pain
I can paint those precious minutes, but the madness of your mind
Will inevitably spin to send you blind
You killed a man
But with his final breath
He took your weakness with him
Into death
When you ask me to return you to the moment just before
Do you understand I offer you a window, not a door?
If you plead and prove your innocence, the dead will still be dead
Can I put you on another path instead?
Take the offer
Take the time
Take the monster that you murdered
In his prime
Let him suffer
Let him be
When the darkness doesn’t matter
Follow me
You killed a man
But with his final breath
He took your weakness with him
Into death
There are things that you can change, but there are those you never will
You are fighting with a fury that you think you cannot kill
I can show you how to listen to the silence in your soul
I can show you how to find the strength he stole
You killed a man
But with his final breath
He took your weakness with him
Into death
He put you in a place you don’t belong
But you were never weak
The suffering you seek
Was buried with his body
All along
Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno