by Nick Gisburne
I was never meant to take this twisted road
I was always told to turn away, to run
In my arrogance I thought I’d break the code
But before I took the turning I was done
Is there anyone? (to see)
Anyone there? (for me)
Do you care?
Do you dare?
Will you offer me a prayer?
You won’t.
I don’t believe it.
Are you there?
It was dark and it was dirty. It was black.
All the stars went out in silence, one by one
When I knew that I was never coming back
I pretended I was free, but found a gun
Is there anyone? (to see)
Anyone there? (for me)
Do you care?
Do you dare?
Will you offer me a prayer?
You won’t.
I don’t believe it.
Are you there?
There were never any signs for me to see
All the turnings took me further from the light
When I doubled back I knew what I would be
A beast. A brute. A creature of the night.
Is there anyone? (to see)
Anyone there? (for me)
Do you care?
Do you dare?
Will you offer me a prayer?
You won’t.
I don’t believe it.
Are you there?
I was never meant to take this twisted road
But the demons deep inside me broke the code
Is there anyone? (to see)
Anyone there? (for me)
Do you care?
Do you dare?
Will you offer me a prayer?
You won’t.
I don’t believe it.
Are you there?
Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno