by Nick Gisburne
I never want the whole of your attention
I never want to dominate your day
To take it all is never my intention
When I tell you I can wait
That the pieces I create
Are the products of the pain I hide away
I am seeking what another soul would say
I only need a little of your time
If you love them tell me yes
If you hate them tell me no
But the waiting gives me nowhere else to go
The torment in the art of each creation
Is more than any heart should ever spend
To look at them at last evokes elation
But I simply want to see
If the brightness brought to me
Could be worthy of the feelings of a friend
I can wait, but tell me when the wait will end
I only need a little of your time
If you love them tell me yes
If you hate them tell me no
But the waiting gives me nowhere else to go
I am constantly creating
But I wonder why I’m waiting
Is my question such a crime?
You cannot spare my feelings
If you cannot spare the time
I’m ready to accept I was mistaken
I’m ready to believe you’ll never care
Today my feelings finally awaken
When I’m proud of what I do
I am over asking you
For the time you find impossible to spare
I only need a little of your time
If you love them tell me yes
If you hate them tell me no
But the waiting gives me nowhere else to go
At least I won’t be waiting
Now I know
Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno