by Nick Gisburne
Tell me something
Tell me anything
Tell me why you went away
Tell me what I could have done to make it right
It was nothing
It was everything
It was broken day by day
It was over when you vanished in the night
When I cannot feel the pain I wish I could
When it doesn’t hurt I sometimes wish it would
But in the emptiness of space
When I try to see your face
When the feelings you destroyed refuse to rise
I can’t forget the colour of your eyes
There was passion
There was energy
There was danger in our dreams
There was what we knew the world would never see
In a minute
In a mystery
In a blur of strange extremes
We were building what was never meant to be
When I cannot feel the pain I wish I could
When it doesn’t hurt I sometimes wish it would
But in the emptiness of space
When I try to see your face
When the feelings you destroyed refuse to rise
I can’t forget the colour of your eyes
You were perfect
You were poisonous
You were everything I’m not
You were nothing I expected to receive
I was jealous
I was envious
I was lucky. I forgot
I was endlessly expecting you to leave
When I cannot feel the pain I wish I could
When it doesn’t hurt I sometimes wish it would
But in the emptiness of space
When I try to see your face
When the feelings you destroyed refuse to rise
I can’t forget the colour of your eyes
You’re a shadow
You’re a memory
You’re a ghost
And you are gone
You’re the pieces of my past I should despise
But I can’t forget the colour of your eyes
Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno