Thursday, 17 September 2026

You’re Invisible

by Nick Gisburne





I wish you weren’t invisible, my friend
I wish I didn’t have to keep you secret and pretend
But they would never understand
The foolish fantasies we planned
You’re the sunshine no one else will ever see
You’re the only friend who knows what I can be

You’re invisible
I see you
You’re the best
I want to be you
You’re the fear I never freed
You’re invisible
The only friend I need

I wish you weren’t a friend I had to hide
You never needed reasons for the thousand times I lied
But while we’re playing in the park
Or when we whisper in the dark
You are more to me than all I’ve ever known
When you’re with me I will never be alone

You’re invisible
I see you
You’re the best
I want to be you
You’re the fear I never freed
You’re invisible
The only friend I need

You grew me when I never asked to grow
You taught me what I never asked to know

I wish you weren’t the one to say goodbye
I wish I could believe you wouldn’t leave me here to cry
I see you fading from my sight
But as the grief begins to bite
I remember what I could not comprehend
When you told me of the day
That you would need to walk away
When you promised me my dreams would never end
When you told me you would always be my friend

You’re invisible
You left me
You were precious
Don’t forget me
You’re the fear I had to free
You’re invisible
The better part of me

The only friend who knew what I could be
You taught me what I needed
Now I see
You’ll never be invisible to me



Lyrics by Nick Gisburne
Music and vocals created by Suno