Monday 15 February 2021

A Legion of Limericks: Twelfth Cohort

by Nick Gisburne



I can sing with incredible force
And my pets have to listen of course
But the notes were so flat
That they clobbered the cat
And I’ve twisted the teeth of my horse

Tell me, why are you looking so sad?
You have killed your own mother - be glad
She spent all of her life
As a tormented wife
And she’s finally free of your dad

Giant eagles are filling the skies
Swooping low as they strike for the eyes
But their bloodthirsty lust
Will ignore me I trust
I am wearing my chicken disguise

There is moonlight and music and bliss
As the lovers lean closer to kiss
Their melodious hearts
Play a fanfare of farts
And they both need to go for a piss

As the vampires return to the hive
Every victim is barely alive
One can never be sure
If the prey is impure
But on virgins it’s hard to survive

The celestial kingdom is lost
Overcome by a murderous frost
Lying silent and cold
Stripped of all of its gold
It’s a crime how much heating can cost

She is trapped in a circle of time
And returns to the scene of the crime
As she waits for the knife
To extinguish her life
Father’s footsteps continue to climb

Sailing hard through the storm and the snow
Through the seas of the siren they go
As she beckons the ship
She has started to slip
Falling flat on her face, far below

Mighty demon, before thee I bow
To thy shadow I shackle my vow
By this powerful hex
Bring me seafood and sex
But I’d settle for strippers, for now

She would never have smiled if she knew
What the fairies intended to do
As they pulled out her teeth
And they tunnelled beneath
They were stripping her skin for a stew