Tuesday 11 February 2020

My Flavouring Sins

by Nick Gisburne



To the tune of 'My Favourite Things' by Julie Andrews

Painful sclerosis, old blisters that thicken
Blight-rotten cankers, their worm-holes will sicken
Drowned baby savages fried in their skins
These are a stew of my flavouring sins

Germ-sullied hobos and shish-kebabed schoolgirls
Gore smells and drain smells and shit found in poo curls
Pile grease and eyelids abused with old pins
These are a stew of my flavouring sins

Vermin-like beggars with bruises and gashes
Skin flakes I’ve stained with my grandmother’s ashes
Slivers of fingers, the pelts of young twins
These are a stew of my flavouring sins

Blended frog whites
Tender seal limbs
Bent and bleeding bat
A gimp I’ll dismember for flavouring things
And serve with a peeled, cold cat

Rinse, retch and repeat