Tuesday 18 February 2020

Let Me Help You

by Nick Gisburne



I can see your sorrow
I can see the grief
I can see the rage inside, the burning disbelief

    Let me take the madness
    Let me heal your heart
    Let me show you how to take this misery apart


Life can make you restless
Life can haunt your sleep
Life can play the memories you thought you’d buried deep

    Let me fight the nightmares
    Let me fill your dreams
    Let me show you nothing is as painful as it seems


Life can be a joker
Life can play the fool
Life can teach the wicked things you never learned at school

    Let me start the lesson
    Let me make things right
    Let me show you how to fall but stand and win the fight


Life can make you guilty
Life can feed you lies
Life can pull the tears of desolation from your eyes

    Let me be the lawyer
    Let me prove your case
    Let me free your spirit from the prison of this place


Life can feed you poison
Life can make you sick
Life can knock you down and break your bones with every kick

    Let me break the fever
    Let me be the cure
    Let me heal the wounds and make your future safe and sure


Life can be a phantom
Life can be a ghost
Life can be the things you fear to love or hate the most

    Let me bring the daylight
    Let me chase them out
    Let me put a certainty where now there is a doubt


Life can taint the magic
Life can twist its charm
Life can cast the spells which bring your sanity to harm

    Let me find the wonder
    Let me break the seal
    Let me show you what is mere illusion, what is real


Life can rise to anger
Life can seem so weak
Life can make impossible the peace for which you seek

    Let me calm the passion
    Let me take your hand
    Let me be your guide until your heart can understand


Life can call the darkness
Life can toll the bell
Life can bring oblivion or send your soul to Hell

    Let me be an angel
    Let me save your soul
    Let me fill the empty space inside and make you whole


Life is never easy
Life is long to live
Life can show you sins that only you can now forgive

    Life is worth the living
    Let me help you mend
    Let me teach you how to live again. I’m here, your friend