Wednesday 11 May 2011

Screaming Search

One of the more unusual searches I've had to do has been Googling for this:
Can you scream without a tongue?
Unfortunately I found only pages which would not in any way be regarded authoritative - no more than someone's opinion - so in the end I just held down my own tongue to find out what noises I could make. Some of those sounds are much more pathetic and miserable than a scream, so perhaps that's the way I'll take the story; some kind of guttural gurgling, which handily ties in with my previous post about alliteration.

This page is steering me towards a 'yes' answer to the original question, and I include it because I found it interesting in a 'listening in to someone's chat' kind of way:
http://www.librarything.com/topic/35452
I could always find someone without a tongue and ask them.

Or maybe not.