Thursday 14 April 2011

What am I doing here?

I've been itching to do this for a while now, and finally couldn't hold myself back any longer. My YouTube account, Gisburne2000, is coming along nicely and has a generous number of readings of classic poetry and prose, plus readings of my own work, but it wasn't enough. YouTube is just video/audio. That's it. There's no good way of posting thoughts, feelings, ideas, interesting links, or any of the dozens of other things which occur to me as I'm researching, recording, editing, writing, or just generally thinking about my day.

A blog lets me do that. So here I am.

I will of course be adding any newly created videos to this blog, but I don't want to add all the existing ones en masse because the place will be swamped. I may add them one at a time, now and again, and perhaps add a bit of commentary to them as well. I have no definite plans for that, so I'll see how it goes.

One thing to be aware of: I ramble! I want to say everything and anything when I get started, and I don't stop until I do. So I'd better get out of here before you get my life story and/or what I had for breakfast.

Porridge.

Too late.

Welcome to my blog!